Thursday, January 3, 2013

{Pirates and Pixies} ... First blog post of the new year!

As it is now 2013 and My baby girl is officially 4 YEARS OLD now! I thought it was the perfect time to blog about her birthday party we had last month in California. Since we were going out there for vacation we decided to have an early birthday party for her since all her cousins are out there. All nine {soon to be 10} of them! I started planning this party since August or September. I wanted something that could be coed since she's got an even amount of girl/boy cousins. Since she's somewhat into Tinkerbell right now. I decided on a Pirate/Pixie party.. a little Fairy, a little Neverland Pirate-esque going on.

I made this Birthday sign from Martha Stewart :)
"Pixie Hollow"
Wings and Swords table after the kids got to it already
Purple Lemonade
The Spread yum
I got lot's of inspiration from Pinterest of course, a lot of great party blogs out there too. I just took my color scheme and went with it. I have to say though planning a party from another state is hard work and not everything turned out the way I had pictured in my mind unfortunately. I probably won't do that again haha! However, the kids had a blast and Riley loved it and that's all that matters right!?


Food: We got a couple of Riley's favorites. Pizza and french fries! I did individual servings of fries in cups with ketchup at the bottom that was a big hit. I wanted to have healthy foods besides the candy buffet and cupcakes. So we did a veggie platter, fruit and graham crackers with cookie dough dip and these super yummy skewers with tomato, mozzarella cheese. I wanted to make little candy acorns but we didn't have time so someone just put the little cookies out on a plate and we just had those.

Games: We had pin the treasure chest on the map that I got from the dollar tree. Thank you Dollar Tree!
As well as a treasure {scavenger hunt}
We had candy bars as the prizes.. {so much for the healthy part on that one...oops}
We also had face painting for the kids {some adults too}

I really wanted a mini candy buffet to go along with the wings and swords as favors. I got the candy from Ohnuts.com and they have really good prices for bulk candy.






That's it... Thanks to those who made it out we all had a blast with everyone! Hope you did too !


 

Share:

1 comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig